As hard as we try, once in a while little mistakes or typos sneak past us before items go to print. We make any corrections as soon as we can, & on this page, we are including any corrections & changes that have been made . . . just in case.
- For the first run of patterns (& some of the first PDFs)... the listing for the med. lt. green print should read:
• med lt. green print: (4-patches) - 18653-14
(yardage is correct)
- On Page 6 - for the cutting of the background fabric for Emblem G - it should state:
cut four (4) 7/8” x 7/8” squares, & one (1) 1½” x 1½” square (not one 2½" square)
- On Page 6 - for the trimming of the background fabric for Emblem K - it should state:
Background: cut four (4) 2” x 2” squares, & four (4) 1¼” x 1¼” squares (not 1½” squares)
Also - the half square triangles should be trimmed to 1¼” x 1¼” (not 1½” x 1½”)
- On Page 6 - for the cutting of the background fabrics - in the second '•' (line) it should state:
• Cut six (6) 2½” strips (not 2"). From these strips, cut 144 1½” x 2 ½” rectangles - for stars.
- On the bottom of Page 1 - for the patchwork star - these are the updated numbers for the following color combinations for the half-square triangle units:
• black & black (colors 3/3) - 32 half-square units (use 32 of the black print 3” squares)
• pink/reds & pink/reds (colors 4/4) - 24 half-square units (use 24 of the pink/reds 3” squares)
• yellows/greens & yellows/greens (colors 5/5) - 16 half-square units (use 16 of the yellows/greens 3” squares)
• blue & blue (colors 1/1) - 8 half-square units (use 8 of the blue 3” squares)
Star of Wonder:
- on the back cover - the sku for the 'Sashing Star Points & Binding' should read: 18606-17 (not 18607-17) - gingham - rosey red - 1 yard
- the fabric requirements for the color fabrics for the medium/small quilt size should state fat-eighths or 5" strip - not 1/8 yard.
** the following updates are given for the pages they appear on & the updates will also need to be made on page 1 - 'Fabric Requirements'.
On the first printing of the pattern - the trim measurements for blocks & center panel for the wool version (only) were omitted (later printings have been corrected).
Here are the trim measurements for the wool version:
- Blocks (1 - 8) - trim to 8½" x 8½"
- Center Panel - trim to 8½" x 32½"
Remember 'Whooo' Loves You:
- For the white /off white yardage amount for Option A/B - you will need 1 1/8 yard (not 7/8 yard) to cut all the strips/widths called for in the cutting instructions.
- For the cutting for options 'A' & 'B' - for color 2a (A - green) - (B - blue) - cut three (3) 2½" strips. (you will have enough fabric for this.)
- For some of the earlier patterns, for option 'A' - step #8, It will refer to fabric 2b as lt. pink. . . it should state lt. green (as was cut in the cutting directions.)
On page 3, step #12 - it should state: "From each of the strip sets (2 - pink & 2 - light green) cut 48 - 1¼" units"
- For the Double Nine-Patch blocks, (on page 1, steps 1 & 3), it says to use cream tonal strips - but it should say assorted cream strips. (The cutting instructions on the color cutting page are correct.) (For the 9" fleur-de-lis setting blocks, we used the assorted tonal fabrics for the sample.)
- For the blue 10" square that is cut diagonally twice to make the center setting triangles (for step 19) , although they worked for us in the sample quilt - a few folks are finding that the blue triangles are not large enough - so we are suggesting that you might want to cut the blue square at 11½" & then cut the triangles. It might make the quilt center a wee bit larger -
So. . . it is very important that after you add the Appliqué Corners to the quilt center (which ever size you make your blue setting triangles, you square up the quilt center to measure the 60½" x 60½".
(If you have already cut your blue tonal triangles starting with the 10" square - the important part is to line up the edges of the blue triangle to the base (where the green strip is) of the larger triangle shape. Then when it comes time to square up/ trim the quilt center - you will most likely find that you will be trimming away some of the beige tonal.)
This applies to only one of the printings - but just to be sure. . .
- the amount for the small floral border should be - 3/4 yd.
- On the back of the pattern, under the fabric requirements, the line for 'tan tonal fabric' is listed twice. Please disregard the repeat - you only need 1 yard of tan tonal fabric.
Soft Breezes: (from 'Home Comforts' book)
Background (white print) you will need 1½ yards (not 2 yards)
From background (white print) fabric:
- cut three (3) strips at 9" - from these strips, cut twelve (12) 9" x 9" squares.
- cut two strips 10" - from these strips, cut seven (7) 10" x 10" squares.
#6. Sew together hourglass blocks & 9" x 9" background squares in five rows. . .
#9 - should say cut six (not seven) 10" strips for background.
#12 - The smaller borders (should say 43") (note: this was correct in step 9.)
Cuddles: (from 'Simple Things, Small Joys' book)
- Under the cutting instructions (p. 17) it should state:
"From yellow prints:
- Cut four 2½" strips. From these strips, cut 48 - 2½" x 2½" squares."
Dover Gardens: (from 'Simple Things, Small Joys' book)
- Under the cutting instructions (p. 4) it should state:
- cut nine 10½" x 10½" squares - centering roses."
Baby Picnic Quilt: (from 'Simple Things, Small Joys' book)
Here are the correct border cutting measurements.
• From the yellow (inner border 1) fabric, cut four 1½" strips.
3. Trim two of the strips to measure 28½", & sew to each side of the quilt center. Press seams.
4. Trim the remaining two strips to measure 30½", & sew to the top & bottom of the quilt center. Press seams.
• From the blue (inner border 2) fabric, cut four 1½" strips.
5. Trim two of the strips to measure 30½", & sew to each side of the quilt center. Press seams.
6. Trim the remaining two strips to measure 32½", & sew to the top & bottom of the quilt center. Press seams.
( - Also I am figuring that you will need to change the amount of strip section sets that you sew together for the outer border sets from "4 sets of 14 strip sections " - to 4 sets of 12 strip sections.)
Cherish: (from 'Comfort & Joy' book)
On page 7 - the third bullet point - should read as the follor
• Next, cut along the diagonal line, to form two triangles. Press open, with seams pressed toward dark fabric. (not medium)
• On the first printing of patterns dated 2006 - the size of the quilt should read 48" x 48" - not 54" x 54".
• The first few printings of this pattern had a typo on the cutting width of the border. It should read 9½" (not 9"). If for some reason this correction is discovered after the borders have been cut, a simple correction is to center & trim the border corners 9" x 9" (a ¼" off each side.)
(for the larger 80" x 80" version)
• The amount of medium fabric should be 6¾ yards. (If you have a pattern that lists a different amount - please contact us. Thank you!)